The U.S.-Libya Business Association (USLBA) is the only member-based U.S. trade association focusing solely on the United States and Libya. It was incorporated in 2005 as a result of the resumption of U.S.-Libya diplomatic and commercial relations, to enhance the U.S.-Libya relationship, educate the public about the importance of U.S.-Libya trade and investment, and facilitate the commercial and diplomatic relationship between the two countries. Its founders believed that the bonds forged by trade and investment form the groundwork for an improved and long-lasting bilateral relationship. Its current members are committed to helping Libya through forging ties of mutual interest in all fields of business from: healthcare, power generation, hydrocarbons, education, security, construction, banking, local development, capacity building, and any other sector relevant to Libya's transition and future prosperity.
The USLBA is a non-profit, member-based organization that sponsors regular policy conferences, briefing sessions and major events featuring senior U.S. and Libyan officials.
The USLBA welcomes inquiries about our program and the benefits of membership. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Roughly put USLBA membership provides:
1. ACCESS: To USG policymakers, Libya experts in business, think tanks, and Academe, and visiting Libyan dignitaries/diplomats. USLBA hosts frequent meetings with the top DC players on Libya and produces confidential meeting summaries where decision makers provide real insights as to the drivers of events in Libya that are not being reported in the news. This access also allows member companies to raise their concerns directly to policymakers and important Libyan interlocutors.
2. LIBYA POLITICS/SECURITY/ECONOMY MONITORING: USLBA provides weekly bespoke monitoring and analysis of events on the ground in Libya as they effect US/Western businesses, the security situation and high politics developments. We also provide daily updating when late breaking developments occur. I will also produce thematic research briefs of specific topics of business relevance.
3. PEER-to-PEER Contacts: USLBA membership provides access to all the major US companies doing business in Libya, this is very helpful in coming to understanding the shared concerns/needs/perspectives about the operating environment could be very useful.
4. TRADE MISSIONS/CONFERENCES: The Association plans to bring Member companies to Tunisia, Malta or Libya to meet with the key players on the Libyan scene.
5. ACCESS TO JASON PACK. A key selling point of the Association should be getting to bounce things off of me. Mr. Pack has been working in and on Libya since the Qadhafi period and have a wide range of contacts in the UK, Europe, and Libya dealing with almost every major sector as well as the media and militias.
Well there are many more aspects to USLBA membership it functions as a natural meeting ground for USG, GoL, private sector, and academic and cultural players involved in Libya.